Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lying to my parents

Parent: "So, how does it feel to be done with this semester?"

Me: "Actually, I still have a paper to write." (this part is true)

Parent:(stern look) "And when is it due?"

Me: "Uh, the 19th" (also true)

Parent: (stern look)

Me: "What? It's mostly written. It just needs some polishing. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of polishing, so I'm going to be working on it the next couple of days."

Translation: By "mostly written" I mean that I have done some research. By "polishing" I mean writing, and by "a lot of polishing" I mean that I need to start writing. And by "working on it the next few days" I mean watching College Humor videos on YouTube. For some reason, I end up watching this one over and over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ83EBh3r7g

No comments:

Post a Comment